Last month, moe. guitarist Al Schnier spoke at length about the band wanting to bring fans to a “remote location” for their New Year’s Eve performance. “If you want to come, come, and if not, it doesn’t matter… It’s not quite Alaska, but we talked about Alaska,” Schnier said on the Made In Utica program, which you can watch here.Today, the “like Alaska” location was revealed as Missoula, Montana, as the band will perform two nights, December 30-31, at The Wilma. Pre-sale tickets will be released tomorrow at 12 PM Eastern, and the on-sale follows this Friday, June 24th, at 12pm Eastern.moe. also recently announced a full-set tribute to Pink Floyd for their Peach Music Festival appearance; more on that here.[Photo by Benjamin Adams Photography]
A rape that allegedly occurred on campus in 1981 was reported to the University, according to Thursday’s Notre Dame Security Police (NDSP) crime log.The alleged rape occurred in a Notre Dame residence hall between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 1981, according to the report. It is currently under Title IX review.Information about sexual assault prevention and resources for survivors of sexual assault are available online from NDSP and from the Title IX office.Tags: NDSP, NDSP crime log, rape, sexual assault
Running back Montee Ball ran for 223 yards against Purdue, pushing him over the 1,000-yard mark for the season. Ball also had three touchdowns in the game, bringing his season total to 21.[/media-credit]Paul Bunyan’s Axe is finally up for grabs again.In his weekly press conference Monday, head coach Bret Bielema addressed the looming border battle with Minnesota and what it means to Wisconsin football, especially in light of the fact that the program’s standout quarterback has never played a down in the 121-year-old rivalry.“Russell [Wilson] has no idea,” Bielema said. “Saturday, when I grabbed that axe after the game, I was like, ‘Hey we’ve got to educate this guy about what this game is all about.’ It’s been a fun thing, but it’ll gain a little bit of momentum as the week goes on.”While the battle for the axe was essentially no contest in last year’s 41-23 Badger victory, Bielema expects a tough fight having to travel to Minneapolis and face a Gopher team that finally seems to have found its footing.Minnesota started out the season as a clear Big Ten bottom feeder but has shocked the conference the past two weeks by upsetting Iowa 22-21 and sticking uncomfortably close with Michigan State before losing 31-24.“Coach [Jerry] Kill has got those guys playing very, very well,” Bielema said. “To knock off Iowa two weeks ago, to play Michigan State the way they did, they’re getting better as we’ve watched the film the last couple of days. They get better every week, in all phases, on offense, defense and special teams. They’ve found some rhythm, they’ve found some playmakers that they can go to offensively and defensively … a tremendous challenge, but one that I think our kids are excited about.”In the rivalry, Bielema said he hopes to have a healthier defense.Defensive end David Gilbert, who broke his foot during practice the week before playing Nebraska, is expected to start practicing, though whether or not he will play is still undetermined.Senior safety Aaron Henry, who was carted off the field during Saturday’s 62-17 drubbing over Purdue, suffered a minor ankle sprain and is expected to play against Minnesota.Henry’s return is greatly welcomed, especially with the concern Bielema has about his secondary.“There’s been concern ever since Devin Smith went down, and I put [Cromartie] in the situation where we’re at,” Bielema said. “[Peniel Jean] was banged up for a couple of weeks; fortunately he’s back to being 100 percent. That gives me a little more reassurance.”While concern persists over a bruised secondary and a stumbling secondary, Bielema said he cannot deny the satisfaction of having a 1,000-yard rusher leading his offense.After a 223-yard, three touchdown performance, both the Badgers and the Big Ten named Montee Ball their offensive player of the week.Bielema credits Ball’s success not only to the system UW has set up for him, but ultimately the hard work he has put in with his time at Wisconsin.“I know Montee, if you sit down and talk to him about why he chose Wisconsin, it’s because we run a two-back I-formation, and he wanted to be behind a fullback and play downhill football,” Bielema said. “That got him here, but what Montee’s done since he’s been here is in his own hands. We can’t make a guy grow in a way. We can give him the support, and we can give him the program and the development phase, but Montee, the way he’s wired, has just kind of been special. … I just think Montee is so far advanced beyond Brian [Calhoun] but also other running backs that I’ve been around.”Bielema even compared Ball to New Orleans Saints running back Darren Sproles, who Bielema coached during his stint at Kansas State.“He’s just special,” Bielema said. “You see the NFL and you see different guys. Darren Sproles is a guy, when I was at Kansas State, I just loved the kid and his competitive nature. I knew he’d have success. The way he’s kind of come into that situation this year and now he’s the big time guy, it reminds me a lot of Montee’s personality, just a vibe that he can give an entire team.”
Rabiu Ali Ali in an interview with www.npfl.ng expressed regrets for his action on that day which led to his suspension, revealing that it has been troubling his mind since then.“My wish is to turn back the hand of the clock and every wrong scenario will be revised for good, I am sincerely sorry for my deeds as I intend to be a role model next time,” Ali submitted.As part of his sanction by the League Management Company (LMC), Ali was involved in community service during the 3rd edition of Ahlan Pre-season Tournament in Kano, where he visited Government Boys Secondary School Stadium.The midfielder coached the students in football and preached the need for discipline before proceeding to control traffic as Road Marshal for three hours on Airport Road junction in Kano City.On the team’s prospects this season, Ali believes that Pillars made the right additions to the squad to compete for the top in the 2019/2020 NPFL season which gets underway this Sunday.He said that the reputation of the team has made them attractive to some quality players who have joined to be part of the seasonal high performing side.“We are Kano Pillars and that name has a strong reputation in the league considering our mega fan base and where the team is coming from. So we can not slack or leave any stone unturned at this stage,” declared Ali.“I think the Club had done the needful, having offloaded some players who are surplus to requirements and shipped-in some fresh legs that are capable of withstanding the task ahead, overall, we are ready for the new season’”, Ali said with a measure of assuranceAsked if his absence would affect the team’s performances, Ali said there are quite a number of quality players in the team.In preparation for the new campaign, Sai Masu Gida have bolstered their squad with Abdullahi Musa (Defender), Chijoke Alaekwe (Striker), Stone Onukwube (Striker), Joshua Enaholo (Goalkeeper), Kelly Kester (Midfielder), Dosso Saib Junior (Midfielder), Adelani Yusuf (Striker) and Achibi Eweke (Midfielder).The likes of Goalkeeper Danladi Isa, Nzube Anaezemba, Sikiru Kamal and Ikenna Paul Hillary have since left the club during the off season.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram NPFL NEWS Regrets conduct that landed him 12-match banSuspended Kano Pillars Captain, Rabiu Ali, has expressed regrets for his unruly actions that led to his being banned him from 12 games of the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL).The former champions, Pillars will start the new season with a fixture in Kano against Rivers United without Ali, who is serving suspension following his angry confrontation with a referee in a 2018/19 NPFL Championships Playoff against Rangers International in June.His conduct was adjudged to have instigated the Kano Pillars fans to encroach the pitch, which subsequently attracted a 12-match ban for the Pillars’ Skippo.
Voula Papachristou will be in tomorrow’s final of the Women’s Triple Jump! The Greek athlete automatically qualified for the final round with her jump of 14.43 meters.In today’s qualifying round of the Women’s Triple Jump event, the athletes needed to surpass 4.30 meters to automatically qualify for tomorrow’s final or finish in the top 12 after 3 jumps. Papachristou’s first jump registered at 13.80 meters, which was below the qualification point. However, she jumped to 14.43 meters in her second attempt and progressed to Final round of the competition. In the qualifying round she was 2nd overall behind Caterine Ibargüen from Colombia (the favorite for the gold medal) who jumped 14.52 meters.Papachristou will be a heavy contender for a medal in the Final Round. The final is scheduled for tomorrow at 7:55 PM (EST).Source: AGONAsport.com (Facebook – Instagram)TweetPinShare0 Shares