China drives global solar and coal alike FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享South China Morning Post:Chinese equity investment in solar, wind and coal power projects in Belt and Road Initiative countries surged from 2014 to 2019, with planned capacity up more than tenfold compared with the previous five-year period, environmental group Greenpeace has said.The Belt and Road Initiative is a Beijing strategy to boost economic and trade ties in dozens of countries in Asia, Europe and beyond, mostly through investments in energy and infrastructure.According to a study published by Greenpeace on Monday, China’s wind and solar power investments in belt and road countries amounted to 12.6 gigawatts since the initiative was launched in 2014. It had invested in just 0.45GW of solar before 2014.The country has also invested in 67.9GW of new coal-fired power in belt and road countries since 2014, but Greenpeace climate and energy campaigner Liu Junyan said the increase in the share of renewables should be welcomed.More: Chinese renewable energy investment abroad soars – but coal still dominant
The Girls Softball Regionals at Rising Sun were postponed and rescheduled for Wednesday (5-27) with Oldenburg Academy battling the host Lady Shiners followed by Shawe Memorial versus Jac-Cen-Del.Class 4A @ Bloomington South.Bloomington South 7 East Central 4Bloomington North 3 Columbus East 2Courtesyof the IHSAA.
Dutch international Vorm, who was a member of Holland’s squad at this summer’s World Cup in Brazil, moved to White Hart Lane last month for what Swansea described as an undisclosed fee. “The transfer of Michel Vorm was conducted and concluded correctly under Premier League rules,” a Swansea spokesman said. “It was approved by the Premier League and also FIFA via their TMS (Transfer Matching) system. “While we have been in contact with Utrecht as a matter of courtesy, we will continue to conduct our business in the best interest of our football club and our supporters, and not based on the views of other clubs. “Unlike some countries abroad, we do not have third party ownership of players in Britain. “The club will not be commenting further on this matter.” Utrecht general manager Wilco van Schalk claimed on Friday that Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins had told him Vorm had gone to Tottenham “for free”. Schalk told BBC Wales: “That’s unbelievable and unacceptable. “Michel is a very reliable goalkeeper in the Premier League. He is 30-years-old, in the prime of his life. He still had a two-year contract and has a good reputation. “Besides that, he’s a solid member of the Dutch squad. We want to have the 30 per cent as we agreed.” Vorm’s former club Utrecht have threatened to report Swansea to FIFA. The Eredivisie club claim they have not received 30 per cent of Vorm’s transfer fee, which they allege was part of a sell-on agreement between them and the Swans when he moved to Wales for £1.5million in 2011. Swansea say the transfer of goalkeeper Michel Vorm to Tottenham was “conducted and concluded correctly under Premier League rules”. Press Association