Zadar port Gaženica in the finals for the best port in the world – Seatrade Cruise Awards 2019.

first_imgLocal traffic continues to maintain positive trends with growth of 2,05% to 953.254 passengers. Looking at the type of traffic, significant growth of passengers was achieved among cruise passengers, 21,29% to 73.670 passengers. The same period in 2018 was realized at the level of 60.740 passengers. Photo: Luka Gaženica This is a great recognition for the Zadar Port Authority and the concessionaire Zadar International Port Operations (ZIPO), ie Global Ports Holding (GPH). Namely, GPH, the world’s leading cruise port operator, has nominated the Zadar port for cruises in the “Port of the Year” category, which rewards port administrations / cruising companies that have made the greatest progress in cruise port management in the last year. Ports from any part of the world can apply, and this year the finalists are the ports of OldenLoen in Norway and Yokohama in Japan. The Port of Gaženica (Zadar Cruise Port) in Zadar is one of the three finalists of the most prestigious selection for the best port in the world 2019 Seatrade Cruise Awards. The Zadar Port Authority continues with records in the number of transported passengers and vehicles at ports under its management. As a percentage, the highest growth of 25,17% was achieved in international traffic (seasonal lines). 2.969 passengers were transported. As of this year, a new line Zadar – Pesaro was introduced, next to the line Zadar – Ancona. The winner of the election will be announced on September 11, 2019 in Hamburg at the largest fair of the cruise industry Seatrade Europe 2019. At this fair, Zadar and Zadar County will jointly represent and promote the Zadar Port Authority, ZIPO and GPH, the Zadar Tourist Board and Zadar County and Zadar Airport. The goal is to promote Zadar and Zadar County through excellent cooperation and attract even more guests to the best port on the Adriatic, and maybe soon in the world.center_img For the first time in history, the total number of passengers carried exceeded 1.000.000 in the first 6 months. In the observed period, a total of 1.029.893 passengers were transported, which is an increase of 3,28% compared to the same period in 2018. Rebeka V. Pevec, director of Zadar International Port Operations, said: “We are very excited to be one of the three finalists of the 2019 Seatrade Port of the Year Award. This is also a recognition for our efforts and the efforts of director Škifić and his team in positioning Zadar as an important destination for cruises on the Adriatic, increasing the number of passengers in the port and developing the port and providing an even better experience for visitors to Zadar. All our efforts are focused on the well-being of cruise passengers, but also the entire local community” Photo: Pixabay.com The Seatrade Cruise Awards have been given for more than ten years to the best examples and practices within the cruise industry. Hundreds of ports apply for this selection every year, so entering the finals is a great success. There is still a growing trend in the number of vehicles at a higher rate than among passengers. In the first 6 months of 2019, 194.382 vehicles were transported, which is an increase of 7,05% “Already now, in the first year of cooperation with GPH and ZIPO, we see very good results. Entering the finals, where only two other world ports are with us, speaks volumes about our mutual success. We are convinced that in the coming years this cooperation will be better and better and that Zadar will soon take its rightful place in the cruise business. ” said the director of the Zadar Port Authority Robert Škifićlast_img read more

New industry group predicts ‘massive consolidation’ in Swiss pensions

first_imgMore than half of Swiss pension funds will “disappear” in the coming decade, according to a newly formed group of industry experts seeking to lend a voice to the French-speaking part of Switzerland in the debate over the future of second-pillar system.The Group de Refléxion is made up of union representative Aldo Ferrari, who is also a member of the top supervisor OAK, consultant Bernard Perritaz, actuary Stéphane Riesen, lawyer and professor Jacques-André Schneider and actuary Fabrice Welsch.In its first statement, it predicts “massive consolidation” in the second pillar and argues that this will ultimately be in pension fund members’ interest.“Over the next 10 years, half of all Swiss Pensionskassen will disappear,” it says. The group also argues that there should be only one type of Pensionskasse, and that the wholly insurance-based model should “vanish”, as it is “doomed to fail eventually”.In the wake of the cost debate in the second pillar and the low-interest rate environment, insurers have faced scrutiny over allegedly non-transparent cash-flows and cost structures.The Group de Refléxion also spoke out against the “individualisation” of the second pillar, claiming that increasing individual choice for pension fund members contradicted the solidarity principle.Meanwhile, the Swiss government sparked a heated debate in the industry with a proposal to forbid lump-sum payments from a Pensionskasse on retirement.Based on claims that some people were exhausting their retirement funds too quickly and then drawing on emergency funds, the government wants money saved in the mandatory system to be paid out in monthly payments only.But the Swiss pension fund association ASIP warned against changing the system without reliable statistics or information on whether lump-sum payouts were really being misused to a considerable extent.Elsewhere, the government changed the funding of the top supervisory body Oberaufsichtskommission (OAK), as the authority reported a major surplus in funding in its second year of existence.In 2012, after its first year of operation, the OAK reported a CHF1.6m (€1.3m) surplus and in 2013 a surplus of CHF2m.last_img read more

CDB approves funding for water project in Grand Fond

first_img 30 Views   no discussions LocalNews CDB approves funding for water project in Grand Fond by: – May 18, 2012 Share The Caribbean Development Bank has approved funding for the Grand Fond Water system.Reginald Austrie, Minister for Water Resource Management, confirmed this on Monday during an interview with GIS news.He said, “The people of Grand Fond have been [pleading] for a new water system for a while now and the CDB has approved the contractor for that project under the BNTF program. We expect very shortly that the contract will be signed and work will begin on this new facility”. This will bring much relief to the people of Grand Fond”.According to the minister this will bring “much relief” to the people of Grand Fond, noting his government’s commitment to alleviate the living condition of its residents despite financial hardships.“It is Government’s stated policy and even [though] we know that the financial situation is in fact tight, the Government through the Ministry of Finance and the Minister for Finance, Hon. Roosevelt Skerrit has made the resources available. We see water as an essential commodity that nobody can live without. Water is Life and so we are ensuring that we want to keep all our people healthy and strong by ensuring that we make this social investment”.Parliamentary Representative for the Grand Fond Constituency, Ivor Stephenson said he is looking forward to the commencement of the project.“For many years now the people of Grand Fond have been experiencing some serious shortages of water within the community. With the approved funds, the people of Grand Fond especially those that reside in upper Grand Fond will now be able to live much more comfortably and enjoy the quality of water that they expect to enjoy”.He also highlighted the contributions which both the CDB and the Basic Needs Trust Fund has made towards improved water supply for sections of his constituency. “I must say here that the Caribbean Development Bank has not only approved funds for the community of Grand Fond through the Basic Needs Trust Fund (BNTF) but we have seen where other communities have benefitted from under CDB-BNTF projects. In Bagatelle, in the Kat-Bwa area, a project is nearing completion; we have Petite Savanne which saw the commissioning of a water system last year, and in Shawford and Monkey Hill, Marigot all these are CDB-BNTF funded projects”.He noted that the “CDB and the Government of Dominica continue to collaborate to ensure that we can improve the quality of the lives of people especially in the areas where [people] are benefiting from CDB-BNTF projects”.Government Information Service Sharecenter_img Sharing is caring! Share Tweetlast_img read more

Without LeBron James, Lakers overwhelmed by Nuggets

first_img Trail Blazers, Grizzlies advance to NBA play-in game; Suns, Spurs see playoff dreams dashed PreviousDenver Nuggets guard Gary Harris goes for a fast break dunk as Los Angeles Lakers forward Anthony Davis pursues during the second half of an NBA basketball game Sunday, Dec. 22, 2019, in Los Angeles. The Nuggets won 128-104. (AP Photo/Michael Owen Baker)Los Angeles Lakers injured guard LeBron James cheers his team during the first half of an NBA basketball game against the Denver Nuggets on Sunday, Dec. 22, 2019, in Los Angeles. The Nuggets won 128-104. James sat out the game because of a thoracic muscle strain. (AP Photo/Michael Owen Baker)Los Angeles Lakers forward Anthony Davis dunks against the Denver Nuggets during the first half of an NBA basketball game Sunday, Dec. 22, 2019, in Los Angeles. The Nuggets won 128-104. (AP Photo/Michael Owen Baker) SoundThe gallery will resume insecondsLos Angeles Lakers forward Anthony Davis, left, dunks against Denver Nuggets center Mason Plumlee during the first half of an NBA basketball game Sunday, Dec. 22, 2019, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Michael Owen Baker)Los Angeles Lakers guard LeBron James, left, talks with guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope during the first half of an NBA basketball game against the Denver Nuggets Sunday, Dec. 22, 2019, in Los Angeles. LeBron James sat out the game because of a thoracic muscle strain. (AP Photo/Michael Owen Baker)Los Angeles Lakers guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, left, and Denver Nuggets guard Jamal Murray reach for a loose ball during the first half of an NBA basketball game Sunday, Dec. 22, 2019, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Michael Owen Baker)Los Angeles Lakers forward Anthony Davis is fouled as he shoots between Denver Nuggets forward Michael Porter Jr., left, and center Mason Plumlee during the first half of an NBA basketball game Sunday, Dec. 22, 2019, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Michael Owen Baker)Los Angeles Lakers center Dwight Howard, center, defends the basket against Denver Nuggets forward Paul Millsap, right, during the first half of an NBA basketball game Sunday, Dec. 22, 2019, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Michael Owen Baker)Los Angeles Lakers guard Rajon Rondo, right, attempts a layup against Denver Nuggets center Nikola Jokic during the first half of an NBA basketball game Sunday, Dec. 22, 2019, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Michael Owen Baker)Denver Nuggets head coach Michael Malone, center, applauds as his team extends their lead against the Los Angeles Lakers during the second half of an NBA basketball game Sunday, Dec. 22, 2019, in Los Angeles. The Nuggets won 128-104. (AP Photo/Michael Owen Baker)Denver Nuggets center Mason Plumlee scores following a lob pass over Los Angeles Lakers center Dwight Howard during the second half of an NBA basketball game Sunday, Dec. 22, 2019, in Los Angeles. The Nuggets won 128-104. (AP Photo/Michael Owen Baker)Los Angeles Lakers forward Anthony Davis, left, and guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope reach for a rebound against Denver Nuggets guard Malik Beasley during the second half of an NBA basketball game Sunday, Dec. 22, 2019, in Los Angeles. The Nuggets won 128-104. (AP Photo/Michael Owen Baker)Los Angeles Lakers forward Anthony Davis, left, and Denver Nuggets forward Paul Millsap fall to the ground after a foul by Davis during the second half of an NBA basketball game Sunday, Dec. 22, 2019, in Los Angeles. The Nuggets won 128-104. (AP Photo/Michael Owen Baker)Denver Nuggets guard Malik Beasley shoots a layup past Los Angeles Lakers forward Anthony Davis during the second half of an NBA basketball game Sunday, Dec. 22, 2019, in Los Angeles. The Nuggets won 128-104. (AP Photo/Michael Owen Baker)Denver Nuggets guard Gary Harris, front, passes under Los Angeles Lakers forward Anthony Davis during the second half of an NBA basketball game Sunday, Dec. 22, 2019, in Los Angeles. The Nuggets won 128-104. (AP Photo/Michael Owen Baker)Los Angeles Lakers forward Anthony Davis falls into the crowd while chasing a loose ball during the second half of an NBA basketball game against the Denver Nuggets Sunday, Dec. 22, 2019, in Los Angeles. The Nuggets won 128-104. (AP Photo/Michael Owen Baker)Denver Nuggets guard Gary Harris goes for a fast break dunk as Los Angeles Lakers forward Anthony Davis pursues during the second half of an NBA basketball game Sunday, Dec. 22, 2019, in Los Angeles. The Nuggets won 128-104. (AP Photo/Michael Owen Baker)Los Angeles Lakers injured guard LeBron James cheers his team during the first half of an NBA basketball game against the Denver Nuggets on Sunday, Dec. 22, 2019, in Los Angeles. The Nuggets won 128-104. James sat out the game because of a thoracic muscle strain. (AP Photo/Michael Owen Baker)NextShow Caption1 of 16Los Angeles Lakers injured guard LeBron James cheers his team during the first half of an NBA basketball game against the Denver Nuggets on Sunday, Dec. 22, 2019, in Los Angeles. The Nuggets won 128-104. James sat out the game because of a thoracic muscle strain. (AP Photo/Michael Owen Baker)ExpandLOS ANGELES — Unlike his trademark unibrow, Anthony Davis does his best work in a pair.That’s not to say that the 26-year-old’s 32-point, 11-rebound, four-block game on Sunday night didn’t make him look like a star. But the performance came without a win, which has become the ultimate bottom line in a Lakers (24-6) season with renewed championship aspirations.It was telling that even as Davis checked back in to start the fourth quarter, the visiting Denver Nuggets (20-8) kept on pulling away. In a 128-104 loss — the Lakers’ third straight and the largest margin of defeat this season — it was clear that Davis sorely lacked his running mate, LeBron James.Frank Vogel said it himself before tip-off Sunday: No one player could replace what James does for the Lakers. But what the game itself made clear is that a group of players can’t quite replace him either — a chilling thought with James’ status in question for a Christmas blockbuster against the rival Clippers. Davis was most frustrated with the factor that he felt was most in the Lakers’ control, even without James: defense. He chalked up Denver’s second-half avalanche to his team not bringing enough effort to the table.“We can’t allow slippage on the defensive end,” he said. “The more we do that, the more teams see that and try to attack our weaknesses.”The most effective card in the Lakers’ deck were post-ups to Davis that he made look brilliant, throwing spins and floaters and crossovers from his repertoire to produce points against defenders ill-equipped to keep up. But outside of Davis, the rest of the team shot just 43 percent. No other Lakers starter finished with double-digit points.Related Articles Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error Lakers practice early hoping to answer all questions Rajon Rondo, who slid into the lineup in James’ place, led with eight assists, but was just 2 for 8. Entering the starting lineup for the first time since his hairline fracture in his leg, Avery Bradley had six points on 2 for 8 shooting.The most compelling Laker outside of Davis was Kyle Kuzma, making his return to the floor for the first time in two weeks. He required 15 shots for his 16 points, but added hustle plays that inspired confidence that his ankle soreness is behind him.The Nuggets led a balanced attack, with six players in double figures. Paul Millsap led with 21 points.The Lakers worried a little that Davis, who has been playing through ankle soreness, might’ve tweaked his right knee. He played through discomfort in the fourth quarter and told reporters after the game he was feeling OK.James did not stay until the final buzzer, exiting the court with a few minutes left in the blowout.“It’s kind of hard just to next-man-up LeBron,” Kuzma said. “He does so much.”center_img How athletes protesting the national anthem has evolved over 17 years Lakers, Clippers schedules set for first round of NBA playoffs AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREUCLA alum Kenny Clark signs four-year contract extension with PackersWhen asked what the Lakers missed most with James’ absence, Vogel laughed. Where exactly can you start?“It’s hard to say with something like that,” he said. “All over.”True, the Nuggets are the No. 2 team in the West trailing the Lakers, and they entered the game playing their best basketball of the season while extending a winning streak to six. But the change in tenor from the two teams’ earlier meeting this month — in which Davis played a starring role while fighting through illness — was striking.A two-point game at halftime, the second half slid completely in Denver’s favor with the Nuggets outscoring them 73-51. While James’ scoring was certainly missed, the most irreplaceable element was his ball-handling and playmaking: The Lakers had more turnovers (19) than assists (18).The giveaways allowed the Nuggets to wallop the Lakers in transition, racking up 22 fast-break points. While the game started getting away as Denver took a double-digit lead in the third, Gary Harris announced the rout was on with a transition bucket followed by a three to stretch the margin to 18 in the opening minute of the fourth. Trail Blazers beat Grizzlies in play-in, earn first-round series with the Lakers last_img read more