Turks and Caicos on showcase in South Africa Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 18 May 2015 – An International Leadership Awards ceremony was hosted by the Andrew Young Foundation in Atlanta, Georgia on Sunday and among the global leaders attending was a contingent from the Turks and Caicos Islands. Mr. Young, a civil rights icon who stood with the late Rev Martin Luther King Jr, former Atlanta mayor, cancer survivor and UN Ambassador had his 83rd birthday marked with the awards banquet. Young was a part of the panel for the Fortis TCI plenary session in 2013 and has vacationed in the Turks and Caicos, and calls many residents in our islands ‘friends’… Ambassador Young was also due to make an appearance at the Global Leadership Forum held at the Our Lucaya resort in Freeport, Grand Bahama last November. It was the event Dr. Myles Munroe and his contingent was flying in to attend when their plane crashed, killing all nine on board. It was said Andrew Young was due to be on that flight, but opted out due to the inclement weather. Former Congressman Young, earlier this month escaped serious injury again when a cement truck fell on his and another car; news reports say he had just a bump on the shin proving the man is a true survivor who now spends of much of his time investing in building lives. Later today, the Premier’s Sales Blitz which features members of the Turks and Caicos Hotel and Tourism Association, the Turks and Caicos Real Estate Association, TCI Airports Authority and the TCI Tourist Board will host a business soiree at the City Club of Buckhead in Atlanta. It is the first stop of a six city promotional tour to encourage business and tourism development for the Turks and Caicos Islands. Magnetic Media is travelling with the team, connect with us on your favorite social media to see photos, videos and get reports on the Premier’s Sales Blitz which next travels to Dallas and Houston in Texas. Go to MagneticMediaTV.com. Record number of stars set to shine says TCHTA Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:Andrew Young Foundation, Global Leadership Forum, International Leadership Awards, premier sales blitz, Rev Martin Luther King Jr, TCI Airports Authority, the Turks and Caicos Real Estate Association, turks and caicos hotel and tourism association Recommended for you TCI now linked to world’s largest with Chicago Flight added
George Lois, Esquire’s art director from 1962 to 1972, took a no holds barred approach to design, producing some of the most iconic covers in the history of magazines. Lois takes the same approach to interviews, telling AdAge media reporter Nat Ives how he was “embarrassed” by Esquire’s battery-powered e-ink cover, a “silly gimmick” that “cost a quarter of a million dollars, I’m told.” (Esquire’s issue touted the cover line, “The 21st Century Begins Now” with, as Lois described, “Mickey Mouse lights clicking on and off.”)Since April, the MOMA has been hosting a collection of Lois’ Esquire cover designs. During this interview, Lois said: “great covers need to have a great idea behind them.” Of Esquire’s cover, he said: “That wasn’t great; it was ridiculous.” “When will they learn?” Lois said of Esquire. “Oh lord, how long will it take for them to learn.”
IBTimes VideoRelated VideosMore videos Play VideoPauseMute0:01/0:55Loaded: 0%0:01Progress: 0%Stream TypeLIVE-0:54?Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedSubtitlessubtitles settings, opens subtitles settings dialogsubtitles off, selectedAudio Trackdefault, selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window. COPY LINKAD Loading … Close The announcement comes as part of the governments £3bn ($3.9bn) clean air strategy. Air pollution is thought to shorten the lives of around 40,000 people per year. UK to ban sale of diesel and petrol cars from 2040
Kolkata: The state School Education department on Friday brought out a notification, stalling the transfer process of teachers both in the primary and secondary level until further notice.”All kinds of teachers’ transfer orders are stopped until further order. No application or cases for transfer of primary or secondary teachers will be entertained until further notice,” the notification stated. “We want to have a clear idea of the transfer of teachers that have taken place in the last few months, before further going for teacher transfer. So, we have stalled it for now,” state Education minister Partha Chatterjee said. Also Read – Rain batters Kolkata, cripples normal lifeA senior official of the state School Education department said that instructions in this regard have already been issued to the district inspector (DI) of schools and also to the headmasters of the state schools. It may be mentioned that after the incident at Daribhit High School in North Dinajpur, where two students were killed in a clash that broke out over teacher recruitment, state Education minister Partha Chatterjee had directed all the DIs to submit a report to the department by October 5, stating the student and teacher strength, the infrastructure of the schools under their respective jurisdiction and other details. “The DIs are expected to submit their report by today (Friday). We will examine the vacancies at the schools on the basis of the report. In recent times, there has been a number of teacher transfers. In Daribhit High School, there was no need of Urdu teachers and neither was there any vacancy. But the school was in the process of recruiting a teacher for Urdu, which led to the unfortunate incident,” the official maintained. Also Read – Speeding Jaguar crashes into Mercedes car in Kolkata, 2 pedestrians killedThe state Education department wants to have a clear picture of the strength of teachers and students, the vacancies, transfers in recent times and other nitty gritties to prevent such incidents in future. It may be mentioned that on September 25, Chatterjee held a meeting with the District Inspectors (DIs) and expressed his displeasure over the decision of shuffling teachers at Daribhit High School in Islampur and reprimanded some of them for their aggressive role in the recruitment or shuffling of teachers.
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress Rajya Sabha MP Derek O’Brien came down heavily on the BJP for flouting the model code of conduct laid down by the Election Commission of India by featuring children under the age of 14 in its political promotional video.In his Twitter handle, O’Brien said: “After being insensitive to children with dyslexia, Modi and the BJP do it again! Children under 14 being used in political promo music video. Breaking EC rules. Shameless. #CheatIndia So desperate for votes?” Also Read – Bose & Gandhi: More similar than apart, says Sugata BoseHe pointed out that the Delhi High Court in a judgment on 15 July, 2013, advised political parties to take note of provisions of Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2000 which is concerns children in the age group 14 to 18 years. The court had said that the provisions under the act should not be flouted during election campaign. He alleged that Modi used pictures of jawans to seek votes. It may be mentioned here that various top Trinamool Congress leaders had been vocal against the BJP for its attempt to take credit of the Balakot air strike. Many banners were put at various points in the city by the state BJP leaders with photos of armed forces. They also brought the matter to the notice of the Election Commission. The Commission has however issued necessary instructions to the administration to remove all such banners.