Manchester United have boosted their future transfer plans by landing Juventus’ scouting manager Javier Ribalta.The Reds Devils’ planning for the 2017-18 season is already well underway, with Benfica defender Victor Lindelof becoming the first summer signing at Old Trafford earlier this month.And United have also managed to strengthen their backroom team with the arrival of Ribalta from Turin, where he has worked for the past five years.It is understood Ribalta will work alongside chief scouts Jim Lawlor and Marcel Bout at Old Trafford.Juventus confirmed their scouting manager was departing on Friday morning to “take on a new professional adventure elsewhere”.Ribalta told the Juventus’ official website: “It has been a wonderful few years here.“My thanks go to all involved with the club, particularly Giuseppe Marotta and Fabio Paratici for the faith they have shown in me since day one.“I will look back on my time at Juventus with great pleasure.” 1
Mumbai: Automobile manufacturers in the country slashed production by 11 percent in April-June period this fiscal over the year-ago period amid the industry facing the worst slowdown with sales declining month after month, said a rating agency’s report on Wednesday. Vehicle sales across all categories declined by 12.35 percent to 60,85,406 units in the April-June period against 69,42,742 units in the same period of last year.Domestic automobile industry’s sales volume fell 12 per cent in June 2019 over the same month last year on weak consumer sentiments owing to the slowing economy amid delays in the onset of monsoons. Also Read – Thermal coal import may surpass 200 MT this fiscal”The auto industry undertook a production cut of 11 percent in the June quarter over the year-ago period on account of production cut in passenger and commercial vehicles as well as two-wheeler segment, which stood at around 12 percent, 14 percent and 10 percent year-on-year, respectively,” rating agency India Ratings and Research said in its report. The production cut in the PV segment was as higher as 15 percent y-o-y while in the utility vehicles (UVs) segment it stood at 2 percent y-o-y, it said. According to the rating agency, the market leader Maruti Suzuki slashed production by 15 percent following the slowdown in the industry to reduce inventory at the dealer level. Also Read – Food grain output seen at 140.57 mt in current fiscal on monsoon boostThe average inventory for PVs declined to 30-35 days in June from 35-40 days in May, the report said, adding contrary to industry-wide production cuts, Hyundai Motor increased production by 3 percent over April-June 2019. In the commercial vehicle segment, the top two players Tata Motors and Mahindra & Mahindra curtailed production by 12 percent and 25 percent respectively, due to high existing inventory levels with the average inventory for CVs increased to 55-60 days in June from 45-50 days in May, it said. In the two-wheeler segment, Hero MotoCorp cut production by 11 per cent during the period while rival Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India took a substantial cut of 23 percent year-on-year over April-June. The 2W inventory at dealer level increased to 60-65 days in June , up from 55-60 days in May, the report said adding the Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations has requested the auto industry to bring down dealer inventory of 21 days by September. Therefore further production cuts are likely to continue in July as well, given the existing high inventory levels, it added.
KUSI Newsroom Updated: 11:24 PM 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsCity Councilmember Chris Cate took a strong lead Tuesday night in the race for District 6.Preliminary numbers in San Diego County showed him taking a 61% lead over Tommy Hough at 15%.KUSI caught up with Councilmember Cate at Golden Hall. Posted: June 5, 2018 June 5, 2018 KUSI Newsroom, City Councilmember Chris Cate takes a strong lead in District 6 race Categories: Local San Diego News, Politics Tags: Decision 2018 FacebookTwitter
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) on Wednesday, Aug. 31, in two separate orders, fined 11 cement-manufacturing companies and the Cement Manufacturers’ Association (CMA) a total of more than Rs. 6,700 crore on charges that they had resorted to cartelisation.The order is expected to bring some cheer to the builder community, but the stocks of the companies that have been fined are bound to go down when the markets open for trading on Thursday. The order is also expected to impact prices of new homes, should the cement companies keep cement prices competitive and construction firms pass on the benefits of these lower cement prices to their buyers.The CCI, in a statement, said on Wednesday that according to one of its orders the following 10 companies have been fined around Rs. 6,300 crore for cartelisation: ACC was fined Rs. 1,147.59 crore, ACL Rs. 1,163.91 crore, Binani Rs. 167.32 crore, Century Rs. 274.02 crore, India Cements Rs. 187.48 crore, JK Cements Rs. 128.54 crore, Lafarge Rs. 490.01 crore, Ramco Rs. 258.63 crore, UltraTech Rs. 1,175.49 crore and Jaiprakash Associates Limited Rs. 1,323.60 crore.The statement said the CCI had also fined the CMA Rs. 73 lakh as part of this order. It had also imposed a penalty of Rs. 397.51 crore on Shree Cement Limited as per a separate order.The CCI order comes in light of a complaint filed by the Builders Association of India under Section 19(1)(a) of the Competition Act, 2002. In it, the CCI noted that not only had the CMA and the cement companies violated the act, but also that the companies used the platform that the CMA provided to share details “relating to prices, capacity utilisation, production and dispatch” of cement, thus restricting “production and supplies in the market, contravening the provisions of Section 3(1) read with Section 3(3)(b) of the Act.”The order also said the CCI “found the cement companies to be acting in concert in fixing prices of cement” — the very definition of cartelisation — “in contravention of the provisions of Section 3(1) read with Section 3(3)(a) of the Act.”The competition watchdog has also ordered the CMA and the cement companies to “cease and desist” from taking part in “any activity relating to agreement, understanding or arrangement on prices, production and supply of cement in the market.” It has also asked the CMA to stop collecting wholesale and retail prices through cement companies that are members of it, or from other sources.
Share Carolyn Kaster/APCIA Director Mike Pompeo speaks during the Foundation for Defense of Democracies’ National Security Summit in Washington on Thursday.The CIA on Thursday was forced to walk back an assertion by Director Mike Pompeo, who incorrectly said U.S. intelligence agencies have concluded that Russian efforts to influence the outcome of the 2016 presidential election were unsuccessful.Asked at a security conference in Washington, D.C., on Thursday whether he could say with absolute certainty that the November vote was not skewed by Russia, Pompeo replied: “Yes. Intelligence community’s assessment is that the Russian meddling that took place did not affect the outcome of the election.”In a later clarification, the head of the CIA’s office of public affairs, Dean Boyd, said: “The intelligence assessment with regard to Russian election meddling has not changed, and the Director did not intend to suggest that it had.”U.S. intelligence concluded in a January assessment that “the senior-most officials” in Russia had authorized hacks into the Democratic National Committee and officials connected with the Clinton campaign. And then-Director of National Intelligence James Clapper told a Senate hearing that the hacking was one part of a coordinated effort that “also entailed classical propaganda, disinformation, fake news.”But the agencies have yet to make an assessment about the impact of Russian interference, something Democrats were quick to point out.“In fact, the intelligence community made no such finding, nor could it,” said California Rep. Adam Schiff, the ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee.“This is not the first time the Director has made statements minimizing the significance of what the Russians did, but it needs to be the last,” he said.At odds with U.S. intelligence assessments, President Trump has repeatedly sought to deny or minimize Russia’s role in influencing the 2016 election.
The case relating to alleged rape by an Uber cab driver on Monday saw another adjournment, sought by the counsel for the accused driver, in a Delhi court on the ground that the advocate was on bed rest after falling from stairs.Shiv Kumar Yadav’s advocate moved a plea before Additional Sessions Judge Kaveri Baweja seeking adjournment of the case for a few days submitting that he has fallen from stairs at his house yesterday and was having back pain and the doctor has advised him bed rest. Also Read – Company director arrested for swindling Rs 345 croreThe court, after taking on record the plea of advocate D K Mishra, moved through his fellow lawyer, adjourned the case and fixed the matter for March 4 for hearing the defence’s final arguments.The lawyer, however, sought the court to fix the matter for March 7 but the judge refused to adjourn the case for six days as the medical record of the counsel showed he was required to take three days bed rest.The court had earlier also adjourned the case as sought by the defence counsel on the ground that he was busy in the Delhi High Court with an application in the same matter. The court is hearing final arguments of Yadav’s counsel who had earlier claimed that the Delhi Police were “hand-in-glove” with the prosecution to ensure the driver’s conviction and that there were several loopholes in the probe.According to the prosecution, the incident took place on the night of December 5 last year when the victim, a finance executive working in Gurgaon, was heading back home.
2 min read Free Webinar | Sept. 9: The Entrepreneur’s Playbook for Going Global Growing a business sometimes requires thinking outside the box. February 7, 2014 Amazon wants a House of Cards of its own.The digital retailer and streamer of programming through its Prime Instant Video service is hoping to seduce binge watchers by creating original content, treading a similar path forged by Netflix to swelling viewership and artistic acclaim.But Amazon will not rely on network executives to program its airwaves, because viewers themselves have been tasked to decide which series will get the green light.For the second year in a row, the company’s production arm, Amazon Studios, has released 10 pilots for free online streaming, sponsored by Geico. Viewers will have approximately two months to rate, criticize and opine, upon which Amazon will proceed with production based on crowdsourced feedback.Related: Amazon Just Bought a Video-Game CompanyWhile last April’s initial run featured eight comedies and six children’s shows, this is the first time that the company is tossing hour-long dramas into the mix in hopes of conceiving a flagship series of its own. These include cop drama Bosch and post-apocalyptic The After, from the creator of The X-Files.Budgets and production value are on par with that of network competitors, Ron Price, director of Amazon Studios, told The Verge.This year’s batch of shows also includes three more comedies and five additional kids’ series. Last year’s running yielded Alpha House and Betas, about dating app developers in California seeking an investor, though neither resonated to the extent of Netflix’s award-winning hits like Cards and Orange Is the New Black.Related: Your Amazon Prime Subscription May Get More Expensive Register Now »