Mi Wireless Mouse Lite With 1,000DPI Optical Sensor, 2.4GHz Wireless Transmission Launched

first_imgMi Wireless Mouse Lite has been launched in China by Xiaomi as its newest PC peripheral. The mouse is based on 2.4GHz wireless transmission technology that is commonly found across affordable wireless mice by companies including HP and Logitech. The Chinese company has also used a minimalist design that comes along with a lightweight body. Mi Wireless Mouse Lite also features a compartment for the wireless receiver. In terms of controls, you’ll get both left and right click buttons as well as a scroll wheel.Mi Wireless Mouse Lite priceMi Wireless Mouse Lite price has been set at CNY 39 (roughly Rs. 400) in China. However, the mouse will be available at an introductory price of CNY 29 (roughly Rs. 300) under the Singles’ Day sale on November 11. Mi Wireless Mouse Lite is initially limited to the Chinese market, with no details announced on its global availability.Mi Wireless Mouse Lite specifications- Advertisement – Mi Wireless Mouse Lite comes with an optical sensor that has a resolution of 1,000dpi. It works with an AAA battery and includes a power button that activates the tracking. The mouse also comes with an automatic sleep technology to provide battery efficiency to some extent.Similar to various existing wireless mice, Mi Wireless Mouse Lite comes with a receiver that has a USB Type-A port. There is also a dedicated compartment to store the receiver when the mouse is not in use.Mi Wireless Mouse Lite comes with a Teflon-made footpad at the bottom. The mouse is also ergonomically designed to reduce fatigue following long hours of use. It measures 113x60x36mm and weighs 60 grams (without battery).- Advertisement – Is Mi Notebook 14 series the best affordable laptop range for India? We discussed this on Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts or RSS, download the episode, or just hit the play button below.For the latest tech news and reviews, follow Gadgets 360 on Twitter, Facebook, and Google News. For the latest videos on gadgets and tech, subscribe to our YouTube channel. Jagmeet Singh Jagmeet Singh writes about consumer technology for Gadgets 360, out of New Delhi. Jagmeet is a senior reporter for Gadgets 360, and has frequently written about apps, computer security, Internet services, and telecom developments. Jagmeet is available on Twitter at @JagmeetS13 or Email at jagmeets@ndtv.com. Please send in your leads and tips.Morelast_img read more

Seoul mayor found dead after ‘#MeToo allegations’

first_imgHe left a message that sounded like “last words” and his phone had been turned off, she told police.A heavyweight figure in the ruling center-left Democratic party, Park ran South Korea’s sprawling capital — home to almost a fifth of the national population — for nearly a decade.He was consistently spoken of as a potential candidate in the race to succeed President Moon Jae-in, and did not deny ambitions on that front when asked by AFP earlier this year.Park had a similar background to Moon as a student activist in the days of South Korea’s military dictatorship and later a human rights lawyer.He was kicked out of Seoul National University in 1975, barely a month after entering the prestigious school, for taking part in a rally against then president Park Chung-hee, and jailed for four months. Emergency personnel brought his remains down a path in the early hours of the morning, AFP journalists on site saw, before they were taken to hospital, where women wailed as they arrived.Police said no suicide note was found at the scene, but Yonhap news agency reported that he was “presumed to have taken his own life”.If Park does prove to have killed himself he would be the highest-profile South Korean politician to do so since former president Roh Moo-hyun, who jumped off a cliff in 2009 after being questioned over corruption allegations involving family members. Park’s daughter reported him missing on Thursday afternoon, saying her father had been unreachable for several hours, police said. Jailhouse to courthouse But he described his time in prison as a happy and productive period that allowed him to formulate his life goals.After completing his studies, Park went into law and defended many political activists in the 1980s and 1990s.He helped launch the People’s Solidarity for Participatory Democracy, an influential NGO pushing to reform the conglomerates that dominate South Korean business.Park also founded the Beautiful Foundation — a philanthropic group that promotes volunteerism and community service — in the hopes of giving people the ability “to feel wonderful and beautiful” by donating to its cause.It grew into one of the largest non-profit organizations in South Korea and launched the Beautiful Stores, a chain of charity shops modeled after Britain’s Oxfam shops.Bespectacled and soft-featured, Park was considered a political novice when he first entered the Seoul mayoral race as an independent candidate in 2011 but he defeated Na Kyung-won, the most prominent female lawmaker for the then ruling conservative party.He subsequently joined the Democratic party and made a name for himself as a three-term mayor of the South Korean capital — his final victory coming in a 2018 landslide when he took more than 50 percent of the vote.During his campaign, Park — known for his hardworking and down-to-earth character — pledged to create a cleaner city that ensured gender equality, and to bring about peace between North and South Korea.On his official Twitter account, Park introduced himself as a “Social Designer”, saying: “These days, I… dream of creating Seoul that puts the people first. Please join me in this dream.”But he also earned a reputation as a workaholic boss, with reports saying a handful of civil servants at the Seoul city government had committed suicide due to work-related stress under him.Earlier this week he courted controversy by being one of several senior Democratic party politicians to attend the funeral of the mother of Ahn Hee-jung, a former provincial governor convicted of sexual offences last year.Topics :center_img Seoul’s outspoken mayor Park Won-soon, long seen as a potential South Korean presidential candidate, was found dead Friday, police said. He was 64.A former Seoul City employee filed a police complaint — allegedly involving sexual harassment — against him on Wednesday.Park’s body was found on a mountain in northern Seoul, police said, after a search by hundreds of officers.last_img read more

Midweek meeting for Europe’s elite club coaches

first_imgThe 14th Elite Club Coaches Forum takes place at UEFA on 5/6 September and media representatives can apply to attend the post-forum press briefing at 12.30CET on Thursday.The 14th Elite Club Coaches Forum will take place at UEFA headquarters in Nyon on the afternoon of Wednesday 5 September and the morning of Thursday 6 September.The forum will be an opportunity for top European club coaches to discuss the latest trends in club football and express their views on the major issues affecting that level of the game.A number of Europe’s leading coaches have been invited and among those who will attend are:Massimiliano Allegri (AC Milan), Carlo Ancelotti (Paris Saint-Germain FC), Frank de Boer (AFC Ajax), John van den Brom (RSC Anderlecht), Unai Emery (FC Spartak Moskva), René Girard (Montpellier Hérault SC), Kasper Hjulmand (FC Nordsjælland), Leonardo Jardim (Olympiacos FC), Jorge Jesus (SL Benfica), Ivan Jovanović (APOEL FC), Jürgen Klopp (Borussia Dortmund), Ronald Koeman (Feyenoord), Mircea Lucescu (FC Shakhtar Donetsk), Roberto Di Matteo (Chelsea FC), José Mourinho (Real Madrid CF), Vítor Pereira (FC Porto), Thomas Schaaf (SV Werder Bremen), Diego Simeone (Club Atlético de Madrid), Luciano Spalletti (FC Zenit St Petersburg), Fatih Terim (Galatasaray AŞ), Tito Vilanova (FC Barcelona), and Arsène Wenger (Arsenal FC).Members of the media wishing to attend the post-forum press briefing, scheduled for 12.30CET on Thursday, must inform UEFA in writing by emailing fame_accreditations@uefa.ch before midday on Wednesday – stating name, outlet and contact details.last_img read more

Rafael Nadal confident he’s on right path despite loss to Novak Djokovic

first_imgAlthough comprehensively beaten by Novak Djokovic on the Monte Carlo semi-finals, claycourt king Rafa Nadal believes he is on the right path as his beloved French Open looms.The Spaniard, looking to clinch a record-extending 10th title at Roland Garros, lost 6-3 6-3 to the world number one in the European claycourt season opener. The third seed’s defence was sometimes impressive but he never managed to take control of the contest.But Nadal, who has had an below par start to the season, notably losing to Fernando Verdasco in the third round at the Miami Masters, was not worried. “The way that I played yesterday (against David Ferrer) and for moments today is the way that I want to play,” he told a news conference. “Just with more matches playing like this, I will be enough confident to play.”I go into the next tournament with the feeling that I made a big improvement in my game. I hope this tournament is a key moment for my season.”Nadal, who usually wears down his opponents, especially on clay, the slowest surface, admitted he had trouble coping with the physicality of the game.He took a great start, enjoying a 2-0 lead in the opener and setting up a break point in the third game, before gradually fading away. “I get a little bit tired and a little bit too early. Then when you get little bit tired, you play a little bit shorter. Then it is impossible against him, no?” he explained.”If I’m able to play like the beginning for three hours, I can do it, then it is a different story, no?”–last_img read more

Teeing Off with Patriots

first_imgThe MHA Tee Off With Our Patriots Golf Classic will be held Aug. 13 at the Navesink Country Club. Those gathering for a recent meeting to talk about the golf outing are, from left: committee members Lt. Col. Peter J. Mahoney USMC; Brig. Gen. Peter Dawkins (Ret.) USAR; Cmdr. Boyd C. Decker, commanding officer, Navy Operational Support Center Earle; Stephen Feuz, Navesink Country Club assistant clubhouse manager; Capt. D. J. (Fuzz) Harrison, commanding officer Naval Weapons Station Earle; and Vice Adm. Paul G. Gaffney II (ret.) USN, who is also a committee member.MIDDLETOWN — Tee Off With Our Patriots Golf Classic will be held, starting at 9:30 a.m., on Monday, Aug. 13 at the Navesink Country Club.The benefit will honor our military and help the Mental Health Association of Monmouth County (MHA) to raise awareness of the challenges faced by the military and their families in the transition from active duty to stateside.There is a pressing need to encourage them to seek early intervention and treatment for any symptoms that may be related but not limited to depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress, and substance abuse to assure that our returning soldiers are helped.MHA currently provides a number of programs that also can be utilized by veteran’s family members.The MHA has opportunities for golfers participating in Tee Off With Our Patriots who wish to play in a foursome with a patriot. The cost for a foursome is $1,180. Individual tickets are $295. The 50/50 tickets are $10.Additional information, including sponsorships, is available by visiting MHAinfo.org or calling 732-542-642, Ext. 108.The Navesink Country Club is located at 50 Luffburrow Lane, Middletown.last_img read more

Leafs coaching staff busy finding right pieces to return franchise to glory years

first_imgCoach Mario DiBella: The first thing we look at is does the player have a passion to play the game and that’s demonstrated by how he plays on the ice. Do you play the game the right way or do you cut corners? As a defenceman are you a player that leaves the (blue)line early because you’re not confident of your backwards skating or are you the guy that closes the gap and takes that chance to make the right play? We’re looking for players that want to move forward with their hockey careers. They’re not looking at Junior B as the end goal and have a plan to move forward past Junior B and paint their success not just in hockey but also as their life moves forward as a young adult.TND: The Leafs had to cancel the scheduled camp in Calgary. Why does the coaching staff feel it’s necessary to recruit in Alberta?Coach Mario DiBella: Again we see that Alberta market as an up-tapped resource. I know some of the teams in the KI from the East Kootenay recruit heavily in Alberta. There are a lot of great hockey players that come from Alberta as seen in the (WHL) draft this year. Alberta has a great midget program and many of those players want to get into the BC Hockey League and see the KI as way to get into the BCHL.TND: Do you have any players returning from last season?Coach Mario DiBella: At this point, we’re waiting on players. We have a lot of interest from players that played with us last year and wish them all the best at camps this fall. If those players find a fit as a top four D or top six forward position than I suggest they should stay with the team. However, if they’re not sitting in those positions then they should come back and get year, or partial year, to develop to get into the right situation to allow them to move forward with their hockey career.TND: What are your thoughts of having the entire coaching staff — Mario DiBella, Sean Dooley and Isaac Macleod — return from the end of last season?Coach Mario DiBella: I’m really excited about responsibilities we’re assigning each person and we’re going to see a team that not only has success on the ice but we’re going to be more involved with the community and focusing on education and citizenship. We’re all excited about the respective roles each coach will assume in rejuvenating this franchise.TND: After last season’s debacle on and off the ice, what can fans expect?Coach Mario DiBella: We’re all very excited about upcoming season. With the players we want back from last year’s team and the one’s we’ve recruited we’re going to have a dynamic squad with a lot of skill, size and speed and toughness that will make us a real hard team to play against. The Nelson Leafs begin building toward the upcoming Kootenay International Junior Hockey League season by hosting its Annual General Meeting Tuesday at 7 p.m. at the NDCC.However, since the Leafs were ousted from postseason way back in February, the coaching staff has been busy pounding the pavement in search of players to fill the roster for the upcoming campaign.The Nelson Daily Editor Bruce Fuhr spoke with Leaf coach Mario DiBella to get a gauge on the Leafs off season, especially after the Green and White completed a year that saw the club finish the year with a record below .500, fourth in the Neil Murdoch Division and a first round exit from the playoffs.TND: Can you explain how the off-season recruiting program has been progressing?Coach Mario DiBella: We’ve been very active and have got a number of players that will be coming to our camp, some whom we have committed to . . .. I can tell you that the team that you’ll see this year will be distinctly different from the team that finished the season last year. (Coach) Sean (Dooley) and I five have attended camps in Penticton — Academies Championships — West Kelowna, the Midget Provincials in Calgary and BCHL camps in Salmon Arm and Trail. We’ve seen a lot of hockey players last few months.TND: What type of player is the hockey club looking for?last_img read more

Parupalli Kashyap, Harsheel Dani lose in pre-quarters of China Masters

first_imgFormer Commonwealth Games champion shuttler Parupalli Kashyap fought hard before going down in the men’s singles pre-quarterfinals of the USD 150,000 China Masters Grand Prix Gold, here on Thursday.Kashyap lost 10-21, 22-20, 13-21 to former World No. 6 and third seed Qiao Bin of China in a contest which lasted an hour and 16 minutes at the Olympic sports center.The tournament was Kashyap’s return to competitive badminton after recovering from a shoulder injury. He had suffered the injury during the Premier Badminton League (PBL) in January.Harsheel Dani was also eliminated in straight games 17-21, 18-21 by Sun Feixiang to bring an end to the Indian campaign.India’s campaign in women’s singles has already ended with the ouster of Sai Uttejitha Rao Chukka and Sri Krishna Priya Kudaravalli.(With inputs from PTI)last_img read more

We could have scored more goals, says coach Roelant Oltmans

first_imgIndia coach Roelant Oltmans praised his players for not conceding a single corner in the bronze medal match of the 26th Sultan Azlan Shah Cup, which the team won 4-0 against New Zealand.”I don’t think New Zealand had one serious shot on the goal in the whole game. We did not concede a single corner,” said Oltmans, expressing satisfaction at the manner in which India turned around their game after yesterday’s disappointing 0-1 loss to Malaysia.India needed a two-goal victory over Malaysia to secure their second consecutive entry into the final of this tournament, but played an erratic match to end up losing to the hosts, who had lost three previous matches.Against the Black Sticks, India rode on two penalty corner conversions by Rupinderpal Singh (17th and 27th minutes) besides field goals from S V Sunil (48th) and Talwinder Singh (60th) to assert their supremacy.”Our defence was really well organised today. They kept the structure really well,” said Oltmans.”We also managed to create a lot of goal-scoring opportunities. If one wants to be critical, we didn’t score as many goals from the opportunities that we created. The way we finished that off is not good enough yet. That is something we need to work hard on.”We were also unlucky at times as the ball rebounded off bar on one instance,” the coach added.last_img read more